Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great Week -

Pretty great week here in Utah -
It's funny when you can't remember what happened to you a week ago. I know that I have olympic fever....

This week I had the chance to visit with more friends from Rochester. However, it will take a little bit of 'esplaining.... (for Ariel)
  • Shelley and Peter are people who live here in PC. Shelley is from Rochester, and her family and ours have known each other for many years. Shelley is heavily involved in the Park City community - in particular, she is the Executive Director for the Youth WinterSports Alliance.  The YWSA boasts ties with dozens of athletes who are competing in Vancouver at the games.
  • Jennifer is Shelley's sister - she and her husband Shane live in Rochester. 
  • I used to sail with Shane on Asylum (C&C 35 back in Roch) for a number of years. 
  • My brother Matt currently sails with Shane and Jen in Roch. 
  • Peter and Shelley have a son Karsten, and a daughter Annika.
  • My family spent some time here with Peter and Shelley's family at Christmas about 10 years ago. 
Suffice it to say, these are some good friends. Shane and Jen came out to visit with their 3 sons, and I met up with them at Annika's School of Rock show. This is like a music recital, except it's all rock and roll bands. Also - it was pretty impressive. I had a great time catching up with them, and seeing the music - and I am getting more excited about getting back on stage. Then the next night I had dinner with them and had more of an opportunity to catch up. It was the first chance I had to visit with Shelley and Peter even though I have been here for 6 weeks. Hopefully I'll see them again before 6 more weeks go by. Shelley's folks are in town in a couple of weeks, so I'll get to see them when they're here.

My friend Heather is visiting PC this weekend - arrives today at some point. Check out her twitter feed and website for her book some time. I don't know why she's in town, but I plan to connect with her and catch up also. Heather's sister lives in Rochester, and my brother Matt sails with her. Hmmm.... there is a theme developing. (AGAIN, cool pic of Matt)

I am thinking a lot about cycling..... can't wait to get out on the bike.
New Martin Sexton album April 6.

Going out to ski a little today - I think I'll start with some alpine and switch to Tele. Maybe I'll take my snowboard out and go to Canyons this afternoon.

Whatever I am forgetting I will post later....... with pics -


         
 

No comments:

Post a Comment