Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sunrise in Utah

 
Good Morning! 

It's going to be another beautiful bluebird day here - and it's my Saturday -I was up early, a little breakfast, taking Maisy the dog for a good little walk, maybe jump on the rollers (bike trainer) and I am off to the mountain. I have been taking up telemark skiing  - it's not easy, but I appreciate more the thousands of beginner and intermediate skiers who visit Deer Valley each week. I am going to be a little late to the mountain today, but I have a renewed energy for tellie - things started to click for me yesterday.... I felt, for the first time, like I was skiing on my tellies, not flailing. Hard to believe I can't wait to go out on my beater tellies while my perfectly good alpine skis patiently wait in the locker.



Back to sunrise - I opened the carpenter chair from the top earlier this week, and it's amazing and beautiful to watch the sun slowly bathe the valley below. The sky was clear and pale, the sun bright and warm, and with no wind, the 19 degrees seemed more like 40. I came home with a pretty good sun tan on the right side of my face. Yesterday was day 2 of this incredible high pressure system - I was in the corral (the maze as we call it) staring into the sun - I feel like a lifeguard more than a ski industry person when it's like that.

OK - off to run maisy, then I'm gonna telly til I'm smelly -

R
202 906 9304
rpw3174@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment